Monday, August 7, 2017

Stand Alone if Needed

1 Kings 22:1-39
John 6:38 KJV 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

When I finish a study and God has not told me which study to do next, I just pray that God will lead me to what I need to read to either encourage or convict myself or others. I then open my Bible to wherever God has placed my hands.

One day, God had me open to 1 Kings 22 where I read about the prophet Macaiah. Micaiah was not afraid to stand for God. While 400 prophets said what King Ahab wanted to hear, Micaiah spoke the truth. Her was not afraid to stand alone for God.

The next day, God led me to John 6. There I read about Christ and how He came, "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me."

I see these past two days as days of encouragement. Often I have to stand against the crowd (especially in the current atmosphere). I don't need to focus on following the crowd, but instead, I need to speak the truth. I don't need to worry about pleasing others, but doing God's will.

In recent years, the suffering that Christians in America truly endure has become more and more real. We must continue to speak truth just as Macaiah did despite what everyone else around us is saying. We must do the will of Him who saved us and will save others if they believe on Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment