Monday, July 10, 2017

Summer Sewing

My two youngest are taller than my other girls so many of the dresses I had saved to use are too short so I have needed to either purchase new cloths or make some. I have been keeping my eye out at thrift stores and consignment shops, but it is truly difficult to find any that are long enough so I am better off making my own.

My sister-in-law got married a few weeks ago and since I needed to make them new dresses anyway, I went with material that matched her color theme. As with 99% of my sewing from the past few years, this was using material that was given to me. The lace was also given to me as well as the thread. The only thing I had to purchase was the elastic for the necklines which totaled about $ .35 for both dresses.

I also made dresses for them to wear on Independence Day. For the Kenna, I used a shirt I found at a thrift store (yes, it is a boy's shirt, but I thought it was cute) and then added the ruffles and lace to the bottom to make it a dress. For Bella, I used a simple peasant style pattern and some leftover material from a blanket that we had made a couple of years ago (that had been given to us then) and more lace that had been given to us.

I have plans to make a few more dresses as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment