Thursday, January 21, 2016

Transform

I was challenged this year to come up with a word for the year for myself. After prayer and consideration, I decided (or rather God showed me) that I truly did need to have a word to focus on for 2016.


And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
~ Romans 12:2

Romans 12:2 tells us to not become like the world, but instead to transform our minds with God's Word.

God's ways are different from the world's and we need to be okay with that. We will suffer if we try to fit into this world and follow God's commands at the same time. We need to change our hearts and minds to be in compliance to His--a change in our soul--a transformation.

I long to be transformed into whom God desires me to be. I desire to be transformed like a woman who God will use for His glory. It is only when I give up my old self and the control I desired before will I complete God's desire/will for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment