Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Prayers Would Be Appreciated

I first need to apologize for not being around and posting like I should. I've been keeping busy with homeschooling, preparing for the upcoming run of birthdays, extra work around the house, and extra responsibilities at church.

My husband took a second job in December and has been picking up 10-30 hours a week with that job. In addition to that and his full-time job, he has become the interim pastor at our church. Our pastor resigned quite suddenly a few weeks ago and since my husband had been preaching once a month already, it was natural for him to step in while we seek a new pastor. The pastor's wife used to lead our Wednesday night women's Bible study and I have taken on that role. Since my husband has been working so many hours, there is a lot more work around the house that I have picked up to ease his work at home and to give him a chance to get sleep.

In addition to all that, we had a goat give birth just two days ago. We have been been dealing with sick kids and have been struggling to keep them alive.

I could really use some prayers. I have been feeling stressed, tired, and at a loss for a number of things. I feel bad coming to my readers to ask for prayers, but I know that many of you are prayer warriors and I could just really use your prayers. I would love to get back to having the time to write posts, but my first priority needs to be getting back to properly ministering to my family. I know that you will understand.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Darcy! I have to shamefully admit that I have been lax in my regular prayers for your family. I'll get right back to it!
    I wish I lived near so I could do something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we lived closer, I'd run over and give you a hug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Know that you are lifted up and intercession is being given on your behalf that God will sustai you and hrant you His strength and much needed energy. Love you all!

    Jenne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Darcy,
    Felt led to go through the list of networking blogs and start at the very bottom of list and came across yours. From the very little I've seen, you have such a beautiful family and ministry and are truly living to glorify God. May the Lord answer your prayers and gift you with extra strength and peace to cope with the added responsibilities.

    ReplyDelete