Wednesday, October 17, 2012

14 Things I’ve Learned During 14 Years of Marriage



In no particular order!
 
  1. It is better to submit than to push my own way.
  2. It’s better to stay up late to spend time with my husband and then just take a short nap during the day.
  3. Some men just won’t learn how to cook.
  4. I enjoy my husband doing the “man’s work” and me doing the “women’s work”.
  5. We can accomplish so much more when we work together.
  6. Sex gets better the longer you’ve been married.
  7. Becoming parents made us less selfish which improved our marriage.
  8. Enduring difficult times together made our marriage stronger.
  9. Forgiveness is key!
  10. Men need respect more than sex.
  11. Watching my husband being a great father is sexy.
  12. God’s plans are so much better than anything we could have imagined.
  13. Becoming a keeper of the home improved our marriage 100%.
  14. Waiting for God to change my husband works so much better than me trying to change him (or waiting for God to change me because my husband doesn’t need to change)!

Happy Anniversary, Chad! 
I pray God bless us with 50 more wonderful years!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    Oh Darcy I love you. Your witness is so counter-cultural.

    As I ticked off things on your list that I have also discovered to be true in marriage, I realised that it was your very witness that prompted me to seek God's truth in so many areas that led me to those points of wisdom.

    I know the tone of language on the internet is really sterile, but I am a little emotional now as I consider how God has used you in my life over the past years. Right now I am nursing a little one who I might have missed had I not embraced the gift of children, and of course, you have been an influence there too.

    I really do thank God for you often and lift you and your family up in prayer regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It's nice to hear that God is using me to reach others because it is definitely God and not me. I covet your prayers as I know they help me not only survive, but thrive!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete