Saturday, September 24, 2011

New Mercies!

Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed,
Because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning;
Great is Your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul,
"Therefore I hope in Him!"

~ Lamentations 3:22-24

What a blessing it was to read this section of scripture this morning! I have been lax in spending time with the Lord lately and of course once we stop spending time with Him, it makes it easier and easier to not spend time with Him. What a refreshing moment to read that He shows me mercy even when I wander for a short time. Every morning I get another shot at doing things right!

What a reminder to how we are to live our lives. When someone hurts us, we need to show mercy and give them a "do-over". When our children don't listen, we need to love them anyway and give them another chance. When our husband irritates us, we need to forgive and forget.

We can have hope for our future because of God's mercies and we need to extend that hope to our family and friends by showing them the mercy that God shows us.

I also want to share some links to posts that blessed me yesterday.

The Importance of Handiwork

There are Rats in My Cellar

1 comment:

  1. Amen Darcy! thanks for the reminder.
    I've been carrying some hard feelings towards my sister because she doesn't come to church or grief share anymore. and i shouldn't. i should just love her for her. when she's ready, she will reach out.

    ReplyDelete