Monday, July 11, 2011

Homemade Tooth Powder

I began making my own tooth powder a few months ago and have loved using it. Before I started using my tooth powder, I was having problems with one of my teeth. After only a few days, the pain subsided and I haven't had a problem since! Another benefit is how cheap it is to make and I don't have to worry about unwanted ingredients.

I have had a few people ask me for my recipe lately, so I thought I would share it on here as well. While it took me a couple weeks to get used to the flavor/texture, it is one that I enjoy.


Homemade Tooth Powder

1/8 cup Black Walnut Powder or DE (diatomaceous earth)
1/8 cup baking soda (aluminum free)
1 tsp Xylitol
1 tsp dulse powder
Ground peppermint or spearmint to taste (I use 1 ½-2 tsp)

Mix all ingredients in a little container with a tight fitting lid and shake to combine. To use, wet toothbrush and dip into powder before brushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment