Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What is the Thief in Your Home?

We are often times distracted from being the wife/mother we are called to be by things we allow in our own homes. Do you spend too much time watching television? Do you spend too much time on the computer? Even if you don't spend too much time on-line, you may get sucked into computer games. Does a hobby (or hobbies) take too much of your time?

I think it is important to examine what might be stealing your time and energy from your calling as a wife and mother every once in a while. It's been a while since I downsized my FB contacts and removed myself from some email subscriptions because I noticed the computer was taking too much of my time. While I do well with my FB time, I think it is time to look at  my email subscriptions again. The hard part is I am often fed spiritually by the devotions and blog posts I receive in my email so it is difficult to decide what to keep and what to get rid of. It is definitely a matter of prayer.

If you have the time and it won't take you away from your duties, please read The Thief, a post from At The Well (one of the email subscriptions I will be keeping!).

1 comment: