Friday, November 5, 2010

My ABC's of Thankfulness

A friend posted on her blog her ABC's of Thankfulness and I was so encouraged by reading her list, that I wanted to make my own and share with everyone here. It isn't very easy because there are a number of things I wanted to put for each letter. Please know that this list is not exhaustive of what I am thankful for but only a glimpse into my blessings.

A--Almighty and Awesome God! I serve and Almighty and Awesome God!
B--Beauty! I am surrounded by God's beauty every day as I look at His creation and the children He has blessed me with.
C--Children! Growing up I never imagined having a large family, but the Lord knows better than I and has blessed me abundantly with children!
D--Deliverance! Christ's shed blood has delivered me from the bondage of sin and allows me to live a life of freedom.
E--Everlasting love! Christ loves me with an everlasting love!
F--Forgiveness! I am thankful that not only does my Lord forgive my sins, but I am surrounded by a husband and girls that also forgive me when I mess up.
G--God! I can't say enough that I'm thankful that I serve a loving, caring, and forgiving God!
H--Husband! The Lord has blessed me with an amazing husband who not only loves me and my girls, but works very hard to provide us with what we need and is a great spiritual leader in our home.
I--Immanuel! God is truly with me each and every day.
J--Jehovah Jireh! My Lord has shown me He is Jehovah Jireh (the Lord who Provides) over and over in my life.
K--Kindness! I am blessed to not only be on the receiving end of kindness from those in my life and even those I meet for the first time, but am blessed to be able to show kindness to those around me.
L--Love! The love of my Heavenly Father and of my family gets me through each and every day.
M--Marriage! I'm thankful that God created the institute of marriage and has blessed my marriage so abundantly.
N--Natural Healing! I'm so thankful that God created everything we would need in nature and has given us the wisdom to know what and how to use those remedies.
O--Oneness! Not only do I serve the One true God, but He made my husband and I, one.
P--Parents! I've been blessed with parents who love me and my family even though they don't always agree with decisions we make. They support us with words of encouragement and continue to be spiritual guides in our lives.
Q--Quiet! It doesn't occur much in my household, but I am thankful for those quiet moments in which I am able to abide in my Father.
R--Redeeming love! Christ redeemed me with His precious blood.
S--Scripture! I'm thankful the Lord has given us His Word to help guide us through this life.
T--Trials and tribulations! I know it might sound weird, but I am thankful for the trials and tribulations because it allows me to grow and always draws me closer to the Lord.
U--Unity! Not only unity with God, but with my husband and within the body of Christ.
V--Victory! Victory in Jesus, My Savior forever. . .
W--Womb! I am thankful that not only has God blessed my womb abundantly, but also that I am able to experience having a child grow in my womb. My heart goes out to those who long for a child in their womb.
X--"X"! The Greek letter for Christ.
Y--Yesterdays! I'm thankful for my yesterdays. They may not have always been pleasant, but they made me the person I am today and God used those experiences to draw me closer to Him.
Z--Zero! The number of things that can separate me from the Love of God.

2 comments: