Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Working Women and God's Plan

The debate about whether or not women should work outside the home is always being discussed. Personally, I believe it is God's design for women to be keepers of the home, but I understand why sometimes it is necessary for a woman to work. I also believe there is a big difference between working full-time and part-time or working from home. The Proverbs 31 woman is often put on a pedestal for women to emulate and she worked ("She considereth a field, and buyeth it; with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard." 16 and "She maketh fine linen, and selleth it; and deliverth girdles unto the merchant." 24), so I know that bringing in money is not against God's plan. I do, believe, however, that many women have put their careers above their families and even when they haven't, it is hard to give 100% at both jobs.

I thought I would share an article that discusses this topic--Do Working Women Blaspheme God's Name. I agree with what she has written, but would have liked to see how she addresses the fact that the Proverbs 31 woman worked in the article as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment