Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Journey Through Philippians-Chapter 3

"Not that i have already attained or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me." (verse 12)

No one is perfect ( and if they try to tell you they are, they are lying!). But despite the fact that I'm not perfect, I can still strive for perfection. I can still try my hardest to live the way God calls me to live. People often say they don't want to attend church because it is full of hypocrites. Well, guess what? No one is perfect. The difference is we are trying to become perfect. The fact of the matter is that we will never be perfect.

"For our citizenship is in heaven" (verse 20a)

Our time on earth is short. We are only here for a little while. We are just visitors. If Christ is your Savior, then your home is in Heaven with Him. Therefore, think on things above and not on things of the earth. Be proud to be a Christian and let others know where your allegiance lies.

1 comment:

  1. perfection...such an unreachable goal! but yes, we should certainly strive for perfection in Christ!

    ReplyDelete