Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How Does God Talk to You?

In response to this question, Carole Mayhall once answered:

For me, He speaks by a distinct impression in my heart. He's never spoken to me aloud, but sometimes the thought that He puts in my soul is so vivid that He might as well have! Many times it is just a thought or an idea that flashes into my mind and I know it is from Him. . .

Sometimes a thought pops into my mind--a thought so different from what I was thinking, or so creative I never would have thought of it, or opposite to what I wanted God to say to me. When that happns--and it lines up with God's Word--I know I've heard His voice in a distinctive way. . .

I pray frequently that I'll hear His voice more often and more clearly. When I don't, I know He hasn't stopped speaking; rather, I have stopped listening.


"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me."--John 10:27

No comments:

Post a Comment