Monday, July 27, 2009

Jehovah Jireh!

"An Abraham called the name of the place, The Lord Will Provide; as it is said to this day, "In the Mount of the Lord it shall be provided."
--Genesis 22:14

I love the name Jehovah Jireh for my God! He truly is the One who provides for me and although I shouldn't be amazed, I am constantly amazed at not only what He provides, but when and how He provides it. I could recount numerous stories of how He provided for us, but I want to share the latest with you today.

Just last week we finally finished up the meat we had in the freezer and I had to go out and buy meat. I cooked my first beef purchased from the store on Saturday and was quite disgusted by the amount of grease that came from it. I told Chad that we needed to save up and find a way to get at least part of a butchered cow (much better quality!). Saturday afternoon I received a phone call from my friend asking if we were going to be home that afternoon. When she arrived, she asked Chad and I to come out to her car because she needed help carrying something in. When we opened the car door, we saw two big boxes of meat (butchered, not store bought). She told us that a friend of her was cleaning out his freezer and needed to get rid of some of the meat because he couldn't possibly eat it all since he lived by himself. My friend didn't need it because her freezer was already full of meat so when he asked if she knew anyone who could use it, she told him about us. I would venture to guess that there is about $300 worth of meat!

I never would have imagined that God would provide us meat in this way--especially from someone that we had never even met! God continues to amaze me with His wondrous works! "To God be the glory for the great things He has done!"

1 comment:

  1. Our God is truly amazing, isn't HE?? I am so happy for you Darcy. How wonderful.

    ReplyDelete