Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"For am I now trying to win the favor of people, or God? Or am I striving to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a slave of Christ."
--Galatians 1:10

I have been asking God to lead me to the scripture He has for me every morning and I have yet to be disappointed. Today He led me to Galatians 1 and verse 10 really stuck out to me.

Why have I been so upset with other people's reactions to my pregnancy? Am I out to please them or God? I'm out to please God!!!! Who cares what they think? If they can't be happy that Chad and I are being blessed with another life, then so what?! We feel we are following God's will for our lives. We are trying to live as the Bible commands, we take care of our family, and we have joy in our Lord! I am a slave to Christ, not them! I am done ignoring my pregnancy when around them. If they feel uncomfortable because they want to worry and not put their trust in God, then that is their problem to deal with, not mine! The only thing I can do is continue to pray for them. I am living for Christ!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Darcy. You ARE doing the right thing. So often, I am very guilty of worrying about what others think, way more than what might be pleasing to God. He is what's most important. And He is the one you gave you this new life!! If He didn't want it, it wouldn't have happened. Keep the Faith sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have awarded you a blog award: http://heavenlyhandmades.blogspot.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete