Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Deliverer

I started reading the book of Jeremiah this week. I am reading one chapter a day and as I was reading Jeremiah 1 Saturday morning, this verse really spoke to me.
And they shall fight against thee; but they shall not prevail against thee; for I am with thee, saith the Lord, to deliver thee.--Jeremiah 1:19
We need to remember that no matter who (or what) is fighting against us, they will not prevail because the Lord is with us. It doesn't matter if it is someone who is physically fighting against us (as was the case in Jeremiah), someone who is trying to tear us down emotionally, or even powers or principalities attacking us--the Lord is with us! He will guide us, protect us, and deliver us for the oppression we are experiencing.

I think this is going to be one of the verses that I put up somewhere around the house so I can memorize it, meditate on it, and make it my own. What power we have in God; He is on our side!

No comments:

Post a Comment