Thursday, March 17, 2011

Call for Repentance

I am gleaning so much from reading through the Psalms!

Following the Psalm calling for Israel's restoration is a Psalm that appeals for Israel's repentance. As I compared the United States to Israel yesterday, the call for our repentance is the same.

8 “Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you!
         O Israel, if you will listen to Me!
 9 There shall be no foreign god among you;
         Nor shall you worship any foreign god.
 10 I am the LORD your God,
         Who brought you out of the land of Egypt;
         Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it.
        
 11 “But My people would not heed My voice,
         And Israel would have none of Me.
 12 So I gave them over to their own stubborn heart,
         To walk in their own counsels.
        
 13 “Oh, that My people would listen to Me,
         That Israel would walk in My ways!
 14 I would soon subdue their enemies,
         And turn My hand against their adversaries.
 15 The haters of the LORD would pretend submission to Him,
         But their fate would endure forever.
 16 He would have fed them also with the finest of wheat;
         And with honey from the rock I would have satisfied you.”
 
How many times has God protected our country? How many times has He provided for us? We have been a blessed nation because we were a Christian nation, but times are changing. God is not going to continue to bless a nation who mocks Him. We need to turn from our evil ways and walk in His ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment