Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hospitality

First, I need to apologize that I haven't posted in over a month. I can't believe how fast June went. I'm going to try to be more deliberate about posting things again.

Secondly, I've talked to a lot of women lately about the lost art of hospitality. The Amish women don't understand how the "English" can be so inhospitable and the "English" women wish we were more like the Amish in that regard. When someone in the Amish community has a need, there are several other families willing to help out. However, it seems that when others of us have a need (whether it be financial, emotional, physical), there are often times no one willing to help or if there is, not many people step up to the plate. I find it sad that we seem to have lost the art of hospitality. I was pleased to see a few entries on hospitality on a blog I follow. I thought I would share them here.


Hospitality: What, Why, When and How


Hospitality or Humility: Practical Tips for Practicing Hospitality

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I love this:) It seems a lost art...one I'm trying to cultivate here. With us it's hard b/c of Wayne's work schedule...as far as having people over. Sometimes I just do it myself, sometimes he's late, but I always share with him the plans first and give him the opportunity of course. Of course yesterday I invited people over, but forgot to bring him lunch first;-) He survived:-D

    ReplyDelete