Saturday, February 14, 2009

Living in the Spirit

I wanted to share something that someone said in one of the studies I am doing. We were discussing "living in the Spirit" and what that means. I said We must walk alongside the Spirit. See what God is doing and join Him instead of trying to fit Him into what we are doing.

It must be one of surrender and sacrifice. We are to keep in step with Him, walking where He leads and making sure our stride matches His. In the military, anytime you walk with a superior officer, your stride must match his. This became such a natural thing for my husband that, even 18 years later, he still adjusts his stride to match the person he is walking beside. I think about that with the Holy Spirit. I used to think it was up to me to decide how I wanted to serve the Lord, and He would bless me. Now I understand that it is about changing my stride to match His. I must be the one who adapts to Him."



I like her description. God is our "superior officer". We need to walk with our stride matching His. It is only when we do this that we will be walking in freedom. We need to find what God is doing and become a part of it, not start something and make God a part of our plan.

Look around you and see what God is doing. See where He is working and see if you can become a part of it. When you are doing His will, He will bless you. You will find peace and joy. Go out and match your stride to His and serve Him as your "Superior Officer"!

2 comments:

  1. This is so true! Its great to finally feel like I am doing this. Thanks for the encouragement Darcy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great way to look at it. I have such a visual of walking with God like that. Thank you for posting this, it is very encouraging to me

    ReplyDelete