Thursday, November 9, 2017

Walking in the Spirit

Galatians 5:25 
If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

Every time I have read this verse, I have taken it at face value-if we live in Christ, then we will walk with Christ. Today, however, I looked at it differently.

If we are not walking with the Spirit, are we truly living in the Spirit?

What does it mean to walk in the Spirit? Doesn't it mean to submit to the Spirit's leading? To follow God's commands? To die to self and live as Christ?

If I am to truly examine my life, I do not walk with the Spirit. Sure, I've committed to walk in big ways-my salvation, family size, etc.-but I struggle to walk in the daily sacrifices.

I am a control girl.

I am sure that doesn't surprise those who know me. Sure, I have given (or rather given back) control to God in regards to our family size. Sure, I say God is in control, but I try to take control of whatever I can. I stress and worry about trying to control many things that I know I can't; however, knowing I can't doesn't stop me from trying.

Even going a little off path when walking with Christ will lead me way off path after a while and if I continue to take small steps away, then I will quickly not be walking in the Spirit. I need to examine my life daily, repent and strive to walk with Him.

How about you? If you are honest, are you walking in the Spirit?



No comments:

Post a Comment