Sunday, April 12, 2009

I Serve a Risen Savior!

Today is Easter. Today is the day we celebrate the wonderful fact that Christ defeated death and rose again! He died for us. He died for me and my sins. His sacrifice was great and He did it all for me. I can't even imagine what He experienced or the pain that God felt when He watched His only Son die, but I am so ever grateful for His sacrifice. It is because He took my sins upon Himself so that I may be forgiven and have everlasting life, that I can in turn forgive those who hurt me. The pain I experience is in no way comparable to the pain that my sin caused my Savior. He loved me enough to die for me so that I may be washed clean. How amazing is that?!

What is even more amazing is that He did the same for everyone! Everyone can experience eternal life and unconditional love by accepting the fact that Christ died for you. Take a moment and just think about the pain and suffering He endured for you. He did it because He loves you; He wants you to be His.

So today amid all the hoopla of Easter bunnies and chicks and so forth, don't forget the real reason we celebrate. Christ died for YOU! Discuss it with your children. Press upon them the amazing love He has for them. Remind them that although coloring eggs, egg hunts and Easter baskets are nice, the best thing of Easter is the tremendous love that Christ showed us by dying for us and the fact that He defeated death and rose again. What a thing to celebrate!

2 comments: