Friday, August 4, 2017

Today is Mine

How often to we miss out on the joy of what is happening right in front of us because we are worried about what might happen tomorrow? Scripture tells us not to be anxious,

Matthew 6:34 KJV Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
 However, we often do worry about the future. Why? If we have truly given our lives to God, then it isn't our business. We will miss something today by focusing on the future.
Today is mine. Tomorrow is none of my business. If I peer anxiously into the fog of the future, I will strain my spiritual eyes so that I will not see clearly what is required of me now. ~Elisabeth Elliot
I'm not saying it is easy to not worry about the future, but it is something that we need to strive towards. We need to ask God what He has for us today and get busy with that. He will tell us what we need to know at the time we need to know it.



No comments:

Post a Comment