Thursday, November 10, 2016

Throw Back Thursday-recipe update

Once again I was looking through old recipes and last week I decided to try one I hadn't done in a while.

Apple Cobbler

Below are the changes I made to fit what I had in my home, our new dietary restrictions, and a short time frame.


Apple Cobbler

Ingredients:
1 quart homemade canned apple pie filling         1/2 cup sugar
3 cups garbanzo bean flour                                 2 tbsp baking powder

1 cup tapioca starch                                             1 tbsp guar gum
2 tsp salt                                                               2 tbsp sugar
1 cup coconut oil                                                  1/4 cup milk
cinnamon/sugar mixture

Pour canned apple pie filling into a 9x13 pan.

Mix flours, guar gum, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Cut in coconut oil. Add milk. Drop by spoonfuls to make "biscuits" on top of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes.




My family liked this apple cobbler better than the quick apple cobbler that I have been known to make lately and they asked me to make it again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment