Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Think on These Things

Philippians 4:4-8 KJV 
4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. 5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. 6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

So often I allow myself to be burdened with what isn't going well in my life. I focus on what has gone wrong, is going wrong, or even what may go wrong. How wrong is that?!

I am to rejoice always-even when things go "wrong". I need to take everything to God in prayer and leave it at His feet. But most importantly, I need to focus on the good.

I need to focus on how much God has blessed me, how much He loves me, and how much He has always taken care of me. I need to think on truth and not lies. I need to think on what is pure instead of letting my mind wander into those dark waters.

Lately, I have been focusing on the wrong things. Join me today in focusing on the good, the true, the lovely.


  • I am thankful for beautiful weather.
  • I am thankful that two of my girls got deer during youth hunt.
  • I am thankful for friends who even though it may be weeks between seeing each other, we know we are praying for each other everyday and that when we do get a chance to get together, it will be blessed.
  • I am thankful for the ability to home school. It might not always be easy, but I love being with my children and seeing them grow not only in knowledge, but also in the Lord.
  • I am thankful for my blog and my followers. I have always had a desire to write and this gives me an opportunity to do so and if I can help or encourage someone else along the way--what an added blessing!


Please share a few things you are thankful for today!



No comments:

Post a Comment