Saturday, September 24, 2016

He Was Faithful

Daniel 6:3-5 KJV 
3 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm. 4 Then the presidents and princes sought to find occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdom; but they could find none occasion nor fault; forasmuch as he was faithful, neither was there any error or fault found in him. 5 Then said these men, We shall not find any occasion against this Daniel, except we find it against him concerning the law of his God.

I was led to read the story of Daniel and the lion's den this morning. When I opened my Bible, I wasn't expecting much as I have read and studied this story many times before, but as always, God surprised me. I shouldn't be surprised-

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. ~ Hebrews 4:12

His Word became alive to me this morning and I was able to see something that I am sure I saw before, but it went deep in my soul this morning.

Daniel was a success. As I am sure many people know, there are those who get jealous of those whom experience success and instead of trying to become successful themselves, they try to tear down those who are. That is the case here.

Daniel was lifted to a position of authority in the kingdom and those under him didn't appreciate having to answer to an Israelite. They took it upon themselves to find a fault in him in which to use against him. But guess what? They couldn't find anything!


Oh, how I wish I could say the same thing! This is what bothers me the most about my life. People will look at my life and say that I'm a hypocrite because of such and such. Now, what they see may be a one time mistake in my life, or something that was true in the past but isn't anymore, or it may be something that I struggle with and am learning to have victory over, but that doesn't stop them from using it as a fault against me.

How I wish I could be like Daniel! Those men tried hard to find fault against him and had to make something up to catch him in a fault and even when they did that, it wasn't really a fault--He was faithful to God no matter what! That is as far from a fault that you can get.

My prayer is that I can live a life without fault before my God. I pray that even if others find fault within me that it be a "fault" like Daniel's and not really a fault at all. I pray that I am always faithful to my God and that no fault may be found in me.



No comments:

Post a Comment