Friday, May 27, 2016

Greater is He

Romans 7:15-19 KJV
15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

I find myself often in this predicament.

I want to do good. I want to take better care of my body. I want to be 100% truthful. I want to be 100% obedient. I want to fully submit. I want to leave what I place at Christ's feet.

However, I find that I don't do what I want. I end up doing what I don't want.

But . . .

I have good news!

Christ died that I may be forgiven. God forgives me when I don't always do what I want. Christ gives me the strength to try again. We are not lost to sin and the power it has over us because the power of Christ is greater!



No comments:

Post a Comment