Friday, April 1, 2016

Confession

Nehemiah 9:3 
And they stood up in their place, and read in the book of the law of the LORD their God one fourth part of the day; and another fourth part they confessed, and worshipped the LORD their God.

One evening at church we discussed why so many people do not ask for prayer for spiritual issues and we came to the conclusion that most likely it was due to pride-not wanting others to know of our struggles with sin. I believe the same goes for confession.

When is the last time you confessed your sins? I know I confess to God daily, but I believe it is also important to confess to others. Not only may our sins have affected them, but they can take part in intercessory prayer and help hold us accountable.

The Israelites spent a quarter of the day in confession-6 hours! They had already fasted and wore sackcloth (1) which implies confession to others. They put aside their pride and humbled themselves before their friends and family.

I think it is important to do the same. I know it is hard because I'll be the first to admit that I don't do it often, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. May we all be more apt to confess to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment