Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Healthy Cookie Dough

dark chocolate w/coconut & coconut sugar
A few weeks ago I came across a pin for grain free, egg free, dairy free dark chocolate cookie dough. Of course, I had to check it out!

It uses maple syrup as a sweetener so I knew I had to change that, but other than that, it sounded good.

I made it the first time using 1/3 cup coconut sugar (the only sweetener I can use while I'm nursing this time around). It was a little sweet so I have since switched to using a little less than a 1/4 cup. I also added a dash of vanilla.

I decided to experiment a little more with the recipe.

lemon cookie dough w/coconut sugar
I now sometimes make it without the cocoa and instead use a few drops of Young Living Lemon Essential oil to make a lemon cookie dough.

I have also put in a few tablespoons of unsweetened, shredded coconut to the chocolate and I'm sure it would be tasty added to the lemon cookie dough as well. I will probably continue to experiment.

I figure that once my little one is done nursing, I will continue to make this but switch to stevia as my sweetener so it will be Trim Healthy Mama approved.

I love how quick and simple it is to make and it gives protein as well as a sweet treat.

Any suggestions on flavors I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment