Thursday, August 13, 2015

A Sound Heart

Proverbs 14 
 30 A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

What exactly does "sound" mean? I looked it up in my concordance and saw that it means "content"-contentment is life to the flesh.

God has been dealing with me on the issue of contentment for a time. While i am content for the most part, I do still struggle with it sometimes.

When I am not content with something in my life, it makes me miserable and then it usually affects those around me.

The opposite of contentment is envy. When we focus on what others have, we begin to  experience self-pity and resentment. Neither of those bring glory to God and only drag us down. If we truly look at the blessings God has bestowed on us, we should easily find contentment. Focusing on that will bring glory to God and encouragement to those around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment