Friday, July 24, 2015

Happy Birthday!

My oldest is celebrating her birthday today! She has grown into a wonderful young lady.

Usually I make (sometimes buy) a new church outfit for each of my children for their birthdays. This year, Dara was given a new shirt by a new friend and she had asked me to make a skirt to match it for her "birthday outfit". Before I had a chance to start on a skirt, another friend gave her a skirt that matched nicely with the top so I didn't need to make a skirt anymore. Instead, she asked me to make her a skirt out of some material she had picked out over a year ago but we never made into anything. Before I even started on the skirt, I found a top that matched it perfectly at the local consignment shop. A bonus was the top was 1/2 off and it only cost $1.75!


She chose the pattern/length for the skirt. She plans on using this for an everyday outfit.

My youngest celebrated his birthday just a week and a half ago! I still have a ways to go when sewing clothes for boys, but I wanted to make him something. Last year I made him a bow tie so the girls thought I should make him a tie this year and I wanted to try making suspenders. I found tutorials on Pinterest for both the tie and suspenders. I found the shirt and hat at the local consignment shop and the pants we already had.


No comments:

Post a Comment