Friday, June 26, 2015

Thoughts For You

Jeremiah 29:11 
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. 

This is a well known scripture. Growing up, I used the NIV so that is how I originally learned it,
 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. ~ Jeremiah 29:11(NIV)

but I have been using a KJV for over two years and as I read it again in KJV, I saw something I hadn't before.

"Thoughts" vs. "plans". Plans tells me that what is happening in my life is God ordained. Thoughts tells me that God only wants what is good for me and that even though I may be experiencing the consequences of bad choices on my part, He still wants what is best for me. As a parent, I know and understand that suffering consequences is sometimes (usually) best so that we learn from our mistakes. Those who are shielded/protected from consequences are doomed to repeat the mistakes.

God only wants the best for us and will take even hard times and turn them for good.

Romans 8 
 28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Another meaning of the Hebrew word for "thoughts" is purpose. God has a purpose for our lives and will bring it about. He desires for us to experience a peaceful life and we must rememeber that He is the God of Peace.

Philippians 4 
 9 Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

We can only know true peace through Him.

Philippians 4
 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment