Thursday, June 11, 2015

Early Will I Seek Thee

Psalms 63:1-8
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary. Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name. My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips: When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches. Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

My favorite time to spend with the Lord is first thing in the morning. Part of this is because I am a morning person, but part of it is because I learned many years ago that I need to feed my soul first thing.

Often times people ask me how I can handle being a mother of a large family. To that I reply, "Only by the grace of God!"

When I first feed my soul, I find my day goes much smoother. If, for some reason or other,  I don't have my morning time with God, I can definitely expect problems to arise--usually my lack of patience or something on my end. Starting my day keeps me grounded.

It is because of His faithfulness that I continue to praise Him and continue to seek Him throughout the day. I am continually satisfied by His love.

Many times I am still meditating on what I've read or what He revealed to me at night as I lie in bed. I continue to seek Him and His ways. He has always been faithful to uphold me and guide me through my days. How can I not rejoice in Him?!

No comments:

Post a Comment