Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Bible Journaling

I heard about Bible Journaling at some point within the last few months. I started following a facebook page for Bible Journaling administered by Darlene Schacht of Time-Warp Wife. I have become more and more intrigued with the idea.

There are journaling Bibles available for purchase or even a Bible with an extra-wide margin would work, but if you don't have one of those Bibles and don't have the money to run out and purchase a new Bible, then journaling on paper is a good way to get started.

I have never been very creative and my drawing skills have always lacked, but I enjoy good art. I can often see something in my mind, but putting it down on paper is always a different story. That being said, I wanted to give it a try.

My first attempt was during a Wednesday night Bible study while studying faith (yes, I continued to listen as I drew!). It didn't turn out exactly how I imagined it and it is on lined paper, but you get the idea.

My second attempt was one morning during my Bible time. I used a much smaller piece of paper so the alignment isn't the greatest, but I liked how it turned out more than my first attempt.


Needless to say, I am going to keep trying and probably invest in some color pencils and such to add color to my Bible journaling as well.

Do you Bible journal? Are you interested in starting? I would love to hear your thoughts and even see some of what you've done if you already enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment