Monday, June 22, 2015

30 Minute Skirt

Jaina is happy with her new skirt!
I discovered that Jaina was still short on some outfits. She had a shirt that fit and wasn't stained, but no skirt that matched it. I knew I needed to make another skirt.

It only took a 1/2 hour to cut the material and sew it together. It is a simple design.

I took her waist measurement and cut the top material to 1 1/2 times her waist measurement. You could just do that and cut it to the length you desire (plus hem), but I decided to make it a two tiered skirt so she would have more room to run. For the second tier, I took 1 1/2 times the measurement of the top piece of material. I then gathered the second tier and then sewed it to the top tier. I then sewed the entire side seam making sure I lined up the seam where the tiers are sewn together. I then hemmed the bottom and made a casing for the elastic at the top. Finally, I added the elastic.

Again, the material, thread, and elastic were all items I had "in stock". I love being able to clothe my family without spending a fortune or a lot of time.

Do you sew for yourself or your family? I would love to hear about some of your projects-comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment