Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chickpea & Cucumber Salad

Thanks to some great sales at Meijer this week, I had some cucumbers and grape tomatoes in the refrigerator. The girls actually asked me to make this yummy Chickpea & Cucumber Salad that I created last summer. I was happy to oblige because it is packed with protein and vegetables. I had some corn tortillas in the refrigerator as well so I cut them, toss them with some olive oil, sprinkled with sea salt and baked at 400 for about 10 minutes to make them into chips to go along with the salad. Some of my girls had fourths!

Chickpea & Cucumber Salad

I first poured some olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil in the bottom of a large bowl. I then added a quart of chickpeas. I cut up 2 large cucumbers into chunks (I quartered and then sliced), 1 pint of grape tomatoes (quartered), and large diced a small onion. I mixed it all together and chilled for an hour before lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!! I love chickpeas :) I have made a similar salad before- I use chickpeas, cucumber and tomato, then add a tablespoon of natural yoghurt, a tsp of cumin and a tsp chopped mint.
    I'll have to try it your way! My basil bush is currently out of control :)

    ReplyDelete