Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy to be You--The Resolution for Women

Photo taken by Out of the Box Photography

Do you know who you are? Do you want to know who you truly are? So many of us try to be someone we aren’t in order to please someone else that we often lose our true identities.

How do we go about trying to figure out who we are truly meant to be? Take some time to reconnect with your special gifts, passions, individuality, interests, weaknesses, etc. If you aren’t sure where to start with that, then enlist your friends and family to help you.

“First, ask them to point out, from their own perspective, what makes you unique.” Oftentimes we don’t see something as unique because it is something we experience every day, but to others, it is unique. Once you have some ideas, ponder them, pray about them, accept them.

“Second, pinpoint what ways (if any) that you have neglected to use or celebrate these characteristics and become intentional about honoring your uniqueness in the future.” Again, pray for God to guide you in how to be deliberate about celebrating what makes you unique. He created you exactly how He wanted you to be and will help you display everything that makes you special.

For those of you who know me personally, please leave a comment telling me what you think makes me unique. For those of you who might not know me personally, but know me somewhat through this blog or other facets and think you know something that makes me unique, please share as well. I will take what is written here as well as what comes from others I ask into consideration and prayer to God.

Accepting me for who God made me is something I have struggled with for many years. While I am better than I used to be, I still have a long way to go. I appreciate all the help I can get with becoming the woman God created me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment