Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Blessing: A Look at Chapter 3 of Be Fruitful & Multiply

"Fruitfulness is God's blessing." I am just going to share some of the scripture references Campbell gives to support her statement.

Genesis 28:1-3, "God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people."

Genesis 48: 3, 4, "And Jacob said . . .God Almighty appeared unto me and blessed me . . . and said unto me, Behold I will make thee fruitful and multiply thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people."

Leviticus 26: 3, 9, "If ye walk in my statues and keep my commandments and do them . . . I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you."

Deuteronomy 30:5, "He will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers."

Psalm 107: 38, "He blesses them also, so that they are multiplied greatly."

Psalm 127: 3-5, "Lo, children are an heritage of the Lord: and the fruit of the womb is His reward. As arrows are in the hand of the mighty man; so are children of the youth. Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate."

Psalm 128, "Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord: that walketh in His ways. . . Happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine: thy children like olive plants round about thy table. Behold that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the Lord."

Jeremiah 30:19, "By my blessing they will increase in numbers."

No comments:

Post a Comment