Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Psalm 20

Psalm 20

To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.
1 May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
3 May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah

4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,
And fulfill all your purpose.
5 We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!
May the LORD fulfill all your petitions.

6 Now I know that the LORD saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.

7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
8 They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.

9 Save, LORD!
May the King answer us when we call.

I was reading this Psalm today and got to thinking how this would be a good one to not only pray for myself, but to pray over my husband. If you have never prayed scripture over your husband, I highly suggest it. It is definitely a powerful thing to pray scripture for yourself, your husband, your children, or anyone else for that matter.

When I prayed this over Chad this morning, I replaced all the "you" and "your" with Chad's name. For the first time in a while, I could completely feel the Lord's presence with me in the room. I could feel the power of the Holy Spirit move.

It was also a great reminder to not put our trust in the things of this world (chariots and horses), but in the Almighty power of God. Just His name has more power than anything this world has to offer. He will rise you up and make you stand tall if you just put your faith and trust in Him and seek to do His will!

No comments:

Post a Comment