Thursday, September 30, 2010

I'm on a Mission

I'm on a mission to simplify my life. Because it is the easiest, I've started with the computer. I unsubscribe to a dozen of the blogs/sites I was getting updates from. I trimmed my Face Book friend list down to 200 (but I'm going to thin it even more later today). I have found that too much of my time is being taken with things that don't matter in this life. I feel guilty about not keeping up with this blog because I truly believe God has called me to uplift women as they journey through life.

The next area I am going to work on is the office/schoolroom. The schedule for school seems to be working well, but I'm not sure about the paperwork aspect of school. I am finding it difficult to keep up on grading the papers (maybe it is because I help them work through the problems so I don't feel the urgency to grade?). I'm tired of my desk looking so messy and I feel like I waste time looking for things that should be organized.

After that, I will move on to going through some boxes that have become catch-alls whenever we need to move a room for some reason or another. I have a box of things from when we painted our room and moved things around. I haven't gotten them back out, so do we really need what is in there? I have a couple of box from when we moved the girls from their two rooms into the one. Again, do we need what is in there? These are all things I need to consider and I am sure if I got rid of a few things, the extra space would be therapeutic.

In the mean time, I'm going to share some posts from other bloggers that I have found inspiring and/or thought provoking. These are from the blogs that I am constantly impressed with so I have kept the subscriptions to them.

On the importance of working through problems in a marriage:

Guarding and Growing Your Marriage

How do you measure success?: Being careful about the "small things" in life:

Things That Seem So Small

Working through those tough seasons in a marriage:

Loving a Stranger and Being Willing to Change

I hope you take some time to check out these posts and are encouraged by them as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment