Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Lord Is My Pace Setter

The Lord is my pace setter . . . I shall not rush
He makes me stop for quiet intervals
He provides me with images of stillness which restore my serenity
He leads me in the way of efficiency through calmness of mind and his guidance is peace
Even though I have a great many things to accomplish each day, I will not fret, for his presence is here
His timelessness, his all importance will keep me in balance
He prepares refreshment and renewal in the midst of my activity by anointing my mind with his oils of tranquility
My cup of joyous energy overflows
Truly harmony and effectiveness shall be the fruits of my hours for I shall walk in the P ace of my Lord and dwell in his house forever.

A Version of the Twenty-Third Psalm from Japan (Quoted in Mother Teresa, Life in the Spirit (San Francisco: Harper & Row, 1983), 76-7.

3 comments:

  1. that's awesome! i think i will post it to fb.
    my sister would also love this! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely beautiful. Thank you for posting this:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Darcy. I'm gonna put it on my blog and Facebook. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete