Thursday, July 16, 2009

Resilience Like Joseph's

My devotion this morning was on Joseph. His story always amazes me; God used so many "bad" things in his life and used them for His glory. Here is something from my book that really hit me.

Joseph was like a ball that keeps popping back up whenever it's pushed under water. The further it's pushed, the higher it pops. Joseph's resilience in the face of so many obstacles is compelling evidence of the Almighty's power to bless our lives, regardless of who or what stands in the way.

Remember that the next time you're tempted to doubt God's promises. Nothing can prevent El Shadday, our Almighty God, from carrying out his plans and pouring out his blessings on those who belong to him. Pain there will be, confusion, struggle, and difficulty, but God can use even these to b less us as long as we trust him.


May we all be like Joseph and remember that God has a plan for us and that He will even use our tough times for His glory!

1 comment:

  1. Amen Darcy! I think I will forward this link to my sister Rose in CO...she can use a lift!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete