Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Great Deception

I found two interesting posts on another blog that I follow that I wanted to encourage you to read. When you go to the site, you will have to scroll down to read part 1 first and then go back up to the top to read part 2. They are both very good and very convicting. I saw areas where I was being deceived (although not as many as I would have in the past. Thank You, Lord Jesus!). I am copying just a portion from part 1 to entice you! Please visit Large Family Mothering to read the posts.

God's Word is not politically correct. If you read it closely, you will not find a flower-boy named Jesus, but you will find a mighty, righteous warrior explicitly submitted to the will of God. He was tender-hearted, and merciful, but His hands were as rough as His words. So many people have painted Him as a man of "peace"--but they have not read the entire story. Jesus came into the world to save it, but will return to judge it, with a sword and a blood-dipped robe. He Himself said He did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment