Sunday, April 19, 2009

"But You, O Lord. . ."

"But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.
I cried to the LORD with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill."
--Psalm 3:3-4

I have been having a hard time sleeping lately. I've also been feeling more and more distant from the Lord. This morning when I awoke for about the sixth time during the night at 3:30 am, I cried out to God asking why I couldn't sleep and why I was so achy (why I thought I wasn't sleeping well). It was then that I heard Him tell me to get on my knees. I knelt beside the bed and cried out to Him. It wasn't until I did this, that He opened my eyes to why I have been feeling the way I have--I haven't been giving Him everything. I haven't been turning to Him in my time of weakness. I haven't been relying on Him. When I finally actually cried out to Him, He heard me from on high. He lifted my head and gave me comfort.

After doing this, I decided to get up and read my Bible and I started reading in Psalms. When I got to these verses, my heart skipped a beat. God heard me! He is my shield and my protector! He is my comforter! Praise God, I serve a God who cares for me. I serve THE ONE AND ONLY God!

No comments:

Post a Comment