Monday, March 9, 2009

God is good!

I just want to share the miracle God gave us yesterday. I need to give a little background info first.

About a month ago, our van was making a funny noise and acting weird. Chad discovered that fan clutch had gone out of it. He ordered a new one and told me in the mean time to not let the van sit in idle for very long and to have the heat on high if I needed to so it would help keep the engine cool. The part came in about 1 1/2 weeks ago and he has been working on "vehicles" almost every night. I assumed that he had put the new clutch in, but I guess he didn't.

Friday night when I came home from grocery shopping, I stopped by my neighbor's house to drop something off. I left the van running because I wasn't staying long, but they talked to me a little longer than I had planned. When I got home, Chad's Broncostar needing to be jumped so the van sat again while we hooked up the cables and took care of that. When I pulled the van back up to the house so I could unload the groceries, there was a lot of smoke coming from under the hood. Since it was dark, Chad couldn't look at it until morning. He said that I may have blown the engine. I immediately went to the Lord in prayer and prayed before going to bed, in the middle of the night when I woke up, and in the morning.

Saturday morning he ran to town to get some antifreeze so he could check it out. After he put the antifreeze in and started up the van, he said that I had gotten lucky. Well, I had to correct him by saying that it wasn't luck, but prayer!

Yesterday during his sermon, our pastor talked about a time when he believes his guardian angels pushed his car to a gas station because they should have ran out of fuel long before getting there. I told Chad that our guardian angels were mechanics Friday night and fixed the van!

Praise God; He is good!

1 comment:

  1. Praising the Lord with you. I know He has saved me from many things like that.

    ReplyDelete